Hiru, the only eye-tracker that works in iPadOs or Windows, indistinguishably
An open platform ready to use
Hiru provides native integration of eye tracking in iPadOS and has been certified to meet Apple’s performance standards. It enables full use of iPad apps for people with disabilities via eye gaze.
- App Store – Hiru by IRISBOND Calibrates your eye tracker for precise gaze control. Provides automatic device updates. Offers personalization of eye gaze settings..
- AssistiveTouch AssistiveTouch Menu: The AssistiveTouch menu has 8 spaces for commands and is used to simulate various gesture commands using eye gaze. Navigate the iPad using the cursor to click on different icons. This menu can be personalized to the user’s preference.
There are many AAC apps available in Windows. The apps are fully and natively integrated, ensuring a smooth user experience.
- MindExpress5 by Jabbla Communication software, Mind Express, helps people with communication disorders. Even if you have little or no speech, you can learn to communicate independently using symbols and letters, or a combination of both.
- Grid3 by Smartbox Grid 3 is a complete communication solution that enables people to have a voice, control their environment and live more independent lives. It’s designed for anyone with complex communication or access needs. You’ll find gridsets for talking with symbols or text, and content for all ages and abilities.
- EasyClick by IRISBOND EasyClick is an access program for eye gaze. It allows you to control your computer with your eyes quickly, easily and precisely. You will be able to access computer tools and programs with your eyes instead of a mouse.
Hiru takes the user experience into the next level including both a calibration button and a light indicator in the own device. You can now understand if your eyes are being tracked without any effort and re-calibrate faster in case you might need it.
Intelligent consumption mode: Choose between high performance or low consumption depending on your needs.
Camera & Optics
Up to 60FPS + Up to 5h battery autonomy + OutdoorVision TechnologyTM
Integrate the gaze interaction within your app for the most optimized user experience. For a smooth integration, our SDK contains a clear API and detailed documentation and tutorials. Of course, do not hesitate to contact us with any questions that may arise during the integration process.
- Full desktop control: with HIRU, full desktop control is possible both with our own mouse control application and also through Windows HID protocol.
- Integrations: The main advantage of integrating an eye-tracker in an app is that the app can manage the eye-tracker information in an intelligent way, making the gaze control more comfortable. Integrations with HIRU are available.
- ARM procesor incompatibility.
- MFi Certified: Hiru provides native integration of eye tracking in iPadOS and has been certified to meet Apple’s performance standards.
Others (Android, MacOS, Linux, etc.): The platform is flexible for offering compatibility with them. The developments needed for making the compatibility will be prioritized.
|Optimum screen size||10-20”|
|Calibration||0, 1, 5, 9, 16 points|
|Selection mode||Dwell, Blink, Switch|
|Head box||20 x 18cm at 50 cm|
|Eye tracking||Monocular and binocular|
|Sampling rate (Frequency)||60 Hz|
|Mounting||Holder, magnets or specific adaptor for consumer
|Operating system||Windows: 7-10
iPadOS: 13 or above
Others: Please get in touch with us
|Eye Tracking processing||Hiru on-chip eye tracking technology|
|Minimum system requirements
(laptop, PC, tablet)
|Eye-tracking processing done at HIRU itself. System requirements related to the applications used with HIRU. Typically:
|Eye tracking technology||Dark pupil|
|Certifications||EN 55032:2015/AC:2016 | 47 CFR Part 15B, ICES-003 Issue 6
EN 55035:2017 | EN 6247:2008 | EN 62471:200
RoHS 2011/65/UE + 2015/863/UE
- Includes initial set-up (1.5 h approx.).
- Second free customised installation after two weeks of use (time in accordance with needs). Both installation and technical support will be offered through our online remote platform.
- Technical support is unlimited throughout your solution’s lifetime, and we will be on hand to offer personalised assistance in anything you may need.
- We recommend downloading the TeamViewer programme before installing for the first time.